A Mission Enriching Lives Through Benevolent Care
Though we have, and continue to receive, local and national recognition for our quality services, we are not resting on our laurels but are now moving forward to further enhance the privacy and appeal of our accommodations and amenities for today’s and tomorrow’s seniors. This vision includes:
- New care initiatives to customize services to the unique needs of each individual.
- Renovating health care and personal care accommodations to enhance resident privacy, dignity, and accessibility.
- Improving and expanding amenities available for residents and public events.
- Bringing added Christian grace and appeal for visitors to our campus.
- Building upon our reputation as a popular destination for missionaries, Christian servants, and others desiring to live for God through their retirement years.
- Developing new partnerships with individuals and organizations who value senior adults and desire to join our mission of love and compassion for those truly in need.
- Continuing our faithful support for those no longer able to meet the full cost of their services.
CLICK HERE to see a short video on what people say about Calvary Homes.
The Lancaster County Community Foundation held its one-day giving event on-line on November 22, 2019. During this year’s event, their technology system was overwhelmed with the volume and malfunctioned during the evening hours of that day. As best we know currently, about $10,000 in gifts for the Benevolent Fund were directed to Calvary Homes. We expect to know our accurate total gifts in mid to late January 2020 once they have verified all gifts. We thank all those who participated in this giving event with Calvary Homes’ mission in mind!
Consider the initiatives described below and help us bring them to reality.
Renovations & Expansion
CLICK photos to enlarge.
We are witnessing great progress on the renovation and expansion with the completion of the new Hurter Community and Administrative Center and Bausman Healthcare renovations.
Already completed are:
- Creation of two separate and smaller residential health care neighborhoods, each with a country kitchen/dining area, living/activity room, secure porch with garden, and a whirlpool spa
- 39 private rooms and 3 semi-private rooms, each with their own full bath
- A new therapy suite
- A new main entrance lobby, administrative offices, and a Community Center with a recreation room, library and media center, arts and crafts studio, and meeting room
- The new Crichton Chapel, an enlarged and relocated gift shop, hair salon, activity spaces, and Chaplain’s office
- Abundant new parking immediately adjacent to the new main entrance
- Creation of a Wood Shop in a former cottage at 509 Bethany Court. This work it now underway.
Over the next two years, we hope to continue renovations to provide enhanced privacy, dignity, and choice for personal care residents, improved common spaces for personal care and larger independent living apartments. This work will include:
- Expanding the Nissley personal care neighborhood with ten additional private rooms, each with a full bath, a new activity room, living room and laundry
- Expanding Gardenview Memory Care with two additional private rooms and a new whirlpool spa
- Renovating a new whirlpool spa for Baumgartner Personal Care
- Larger independent living apartments in Cathedral Hall with two bedrooms, two baths, laundry, and outside patio or deck
- Outdoor dining deck and new private dining room for Grandview Café
- Addition of a Strength Training Room in Nissley second floor and entrance improvements for Fellowship Hall
- Creation of a Wood Shop in a former cottage at 509 Bethany Court. This work it now underway.
To help fund this 13 million dollar renovation project, Calvary Homes has undertaken a two million dollar capital campaign called Caring and Preparing for Today and Tomorrow. This campaign will run five years between 2018 and 2022. Achieving the campaign goal will be essential in order to accomplish the full vision of the renovation and expansion. Capital campaign gifts and pledges are at $1,548,679 with 288 donors and 77% of our goal.
Click on the campaign logo at left to make a gift.
Crichton Chapel Campaign Goal is Accomplished!
In honor of Dr. Eric Crichton’s longstanding service to Calvary Church and Calvary Homes over a span of nearly 57 years, Calvary Homes’ Board of Directors has recognized Dr. Crichton by naming our new chapel, Crichton Chapel, in honor of his outstanding service to God and our local community. The dedication of Crichton Chapel was held on Sunday, November 24, 2019 with nearly 200 in attendance. The video of the dedication service can be found on YouTube: Crichton Chapel Dedication.
During 2018-2019 Calvary Homes was receiving gifts and pledges to help fund the chapel’s construction. We are now pleased to announce we have received $150,100 in gifts and pledges for Crichton Chapel from 122 donors. We praise God for everyone participating in this worthy project, one appreciated by so many people each day.
Thank you to everyone dining at Park City and Knight and Day diners! Since beginning this program in the Summer of 2018, we have received over $1,000 in gifts to the Benevolent Fund! Anyone can participate by picking up a laminated Share Our Success Program card at the Front Desk and enjoy great food at great prices, while helping our Benevolent Fund!
CLICK for more information and print.
Benevolent Care and 2019 Calendar Year End Appeal
We are pleased to announce the receipt of gifts toward the 2019 Calendar Year End Appeal totaling $30,838 from 84 donors. This annual appeal is one of our key means to support benevolent care and it remains an on-going need each year. We thank all our friends who were able to help us with this success!
Giving to benevolent care is an important way to broadly impact the lives of older adults. With increasing life spans, complex medical needs, and dementia care, an increasing number of seniors outlive their resources that once provided for their own care needs. Gifts for benevolent care provide resources enabling Calvary Homes to continue the same quality of care and daily assistance should a resident’s own resources become inadequate to cover the full cost of care. Use the “Donate“ button on the right to make an immediate Benevolent Care gift using Pay Pal or your credit card. Please indicate in the “Write a Note” box the intended purpose for your gift and any tribute information.
Recognizing Special Individuals
You may recognize those people important in your life by making a Tribute Gift in their honor or memory. Special events like an anniversary, birthday, Mother’s or Father’s Day are ideal times to make a Tribute Gift for someone you appreciate deeply. Use the “Donate“ button below to make an immediate Tribute Gift using Pay Pal or your credit card. Please indicate in the “Write a Note” box the intended purpose for your gift and any tribute information. If you prefer, you may download the Tribute Brochure to print out a hard copy and send along with your gift to the address in the brochure.
Qualified Charitable Distributions (QCD’s) from your IRA
An appealing way to give, while taking advantage of important tax benefits, is using a Qualified Charitable Distribution from a Traditional IRA. This method of giving allows you to forgo income tax on the withdrawal of funds from your IRA (up to $100,000 annually) while satisfying your annual Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) requirement. This method may also be helpful in avoiding additional tax on your Social Security income or Medicare premiums. Contact our Development Office at 717-824-8816 to learn more about this simple, yet effective way to help others while making the most of your invested resources.
Planned gifts provide the means to make a legacy gift when one’s own needs are satisfied. The most common way to do this is including Calvary Homes as a beneficiary. This can be accomplished by including Calvary Homes in your will or as a beneficiary of a retirement account, life insurance policy, or other financial account.
If the security of on-going income is important, Charitable Gift Annuities offer a simple way to support our mission while adding to your ongoing income during your life. Our Fund Development Office can assist you in understanding and considering these options which can offer appealing rates based on your age.
Special Projects for Special Friends
Within our community a wide variety of needs arise, some of which are beyond what our operating budget can bear. In such cases, we make these needs known for those friends looking for a special way to enhance the quality of life of residents or our ability to serve them with enhanced quality, choice or service. Please click on the link below to view this list and the many options available for you to make a special difference in people’s lives. These projects are available for individuals, families, clubs, or civic groups to sponsor. If you find any of these projects to your liking, or if they inspire your vision for another project you would like to support, we welcome your contact with our Development Office at 717-824-8816 to discuss how you can bring new light into the lives of seniors.
CLICK HERE to view list
Calvary Caring Club
For those preferring consistent giving, the Calvary Caring Club is an easy way to remember regular giving. We can include an envelope with the acknowledgment of your initial gift, as your reminder for the next gift date of your choosing. Alternatively, we can set up a secure automatic withdrawal from your bank account on the frequency you select or submit your gift as a recurring charge to your credit card or, if you prefer, we can arrange regular periodic giving by electronic funds transfer (EFT) by clicking the button below:
You Shop. Amazon Gives.
Calvary Homes is now participating in the Amazon Smile program! This program supports our Benevolent Fund through a .05% contribution Amazon will make on the value of all purchases you make through Amazon. To start this great benefit to our mission, you must register with Amazon to make Calvary Homes your desired charity. Click this link to learn more and start making your online purchase count for senior adults we serve each day!
Reply Back to Learn More About Giving Options
Calvary Homes is a 501(c) (3) not-for-profit organization serving older adults without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, physical handicap, disability, or religious creed. Official registration and financial information for Calvary Homes may be obtained from the PA Dept. of State by calling toll-free within PA, 1(800)732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement. Gifts made to Calvary Homes are deductible to the fullest extent permitted by law