A Mission Enriching Lives
The founders of Calvary Homes understood the importance of “community” when it comes to serving senior adults. Their efforts lead to the establishment of the first purpose-built, continuing care community in south central Pennsylvania, known then as Calvary Fellowship Homes. Since 1963, the community grew many fold, developing into a community of faith and fellowship that enriches the lives of older adults desiring to serve God through their retirement years.
Though we have, and continue to receive, local and national recognition for our quality services, we are not resting on our laurels but are now moving forward to further enhance the privacy and appeal of our accommodations and amenities for today’s and tomorrow’s seniors. This vision includes:
- New care initiatives to customize services to the unique needs of each individual.
- Renovating health care and personal care accommodations to enhance resident privacy, dignity, and accessibility.
- Improving and expanding amenities available for residents and public events.
- Bringing added Christian grace and appeal for visitors to our campus.
- Building upon our reputation as a popular destination for missionaries, Christian servants, and others desiring to live for God through their retirement years.
- Developing new partnerships with individuals and organizations who value senior adults and desire to join our mission of love and compassion for those truly in need.
- Continuing our faithful support for those no longer able to meet the full cost of their services.
Below you will find several current initiatives underway and the role you can play to bring them to a full reality.
CLICK HERE to see a short video on what people say about Calvary Homes.
Renovation & Expansion
CLICK MAP to enlarge.
Over the next two years, Calvary Homes is undertaking a major renovation and expansion of our community. These improvements will provide enhanced privacy, dignity, and choice for residents while enhancing amenities for all residents and visitors. They include:
- Creation of two separate and smaller residential health care neighborhoods, each with a country kitchen/dining area, living/activity room, secure porch with garden, and a whirlpool spa.
- 39 private rooms, each with their own full bath.
- Expanding a personal care neighborhood with ten additional private resident rooms, each with a full bath.
- A new Welcome Center, administrative offices, and a Community Center to include a game/social room, library and media center, craft room, hobby shop, and conference room.
- A new chapel, enlarged gift shop, hair salon, activity spaces, and outdoor dining deck with garden.
- Abundant new parking immediately adjacent to the new Welcome Center.
- Larger independent living apartments with two bedrooms, two baths, laundry. and outside patio or deck.
- To learn about how you can help fund this project, click here.
- To see the latest update on renovation progress, click here.
Improving Senior Wellness
In early 2017, our Fitness for Life project brought $5,500 in gifts to purchase a Nu-Step recumbent exercise machine. We give special thanks to Flagship Rehabilitation as our lead donor for this project.
The second phase of the Fitness for Life project additionally raised over $3,000 for the purchase of a Precor elliptical machine and an Octane recumbent stepping machine. These equipment upgrades and additions will provide better-rounded workouts for users by offering a broader range of motion with different muscle groups.
Recognizing Special Individuals
You may recognize those people important in your life by making a Tribute Gift in their honor or memory. Special events like an anniversary, birthday, Mother’s or Father’s Day are ideal times to make a Tribute Gift for someone you appreciate deeply. Use the “Donate“ button on the right to make an immediate Tribute Gift using Pay Pal or your credit card. Please indicate in the “Write a Note” box the intended purpose for your gift and any tribute information. If you prefer, you may download the Tribute Brochure to print out a hard copy and send along with your gift to the address in the brochure.
Planned gifts provide the means to make a legacy gift when one’s own needs are satisfied. The most common way to do this is including Calvary Homes as a beneficiary. This can be accomplished by including Calvary Homes in your will or as a beneficiary of a retirement account, life insurance policy, or other financial account.
If the security of on-going income is important, Charitable Gift Annuities offer a simple way to support our mission while adding to your ongoing income during your life. Our Fund Development Office can assist you in understanding and considering these options which can offer appealing rates based on your age.
IRA Charitable Rollovers
An appealing way to give, while taking advantage of important tax benefits, is using an IRA Charitable Rollover. The charitable rollover allows you to forgo income tax on the withdrawal of funds from your IRA up to $100,000 annually. This may also be helpful in avoiding additional tax on your Social Security income or Medicare premiums. Contact our Development Office at 717-824-8816 to learn more about this simple, yet effective way to help others while making the most of your invested resources.
Within our community of faith and fellowship we find a wide variety of needs arise, some of which are beyond what our operating budget can bear. In such cases, we make these needs known for those friends looking for a special way to enhance the quality of life of residents or our ability to serve them with enhanced quality, choice or service. Please click on the link below to view this list and the many options available for you to make a special difference in people’s lives. These projects are available for individuals, families, clubs, or civic groups to sponsor. If you find any of these projects to your liking, or if they inspire your vision for another project you would like to support, we welcome your contact with our Development Office at 717-824-8816 to discuss how you can bring new light into the lives of seniors.
CLICK HERE to view list
Giving to benevolent care is an important way to broadly impact the lives of older adults. With increasing life spans, complex medical needs, and dementia care, an increasing number of seniors outlive their resources that once provided for their own care needs. Gifts for benevolent care provide resources enabling Calvary Homes to continue the same quality of care and daily assistance should a resident’s own resources become inadequate to cover the full cost of care. Use the “Donate“ button on the right to make an immediate Benevolent Care gift using Pay Pal or your credit card. Please indicate in the “Write a Note” box the intended purpose for your gift and any tribute information.
Calvary Caring Club
For those preferring consistent giving, the Calvary Caring Club is an easy way to remember regular giving. We can include an envelope with the acknowledgment of your initial gift, as your reminder for the next gift date of your choosing. Alternatively, we can set up a secure automatic withdrawal from your bank account on the frequency you select or submit your gift as a recurring charge to your credit card or, if you prefer, we can arrange regular periodic giving by electronic funds transfer (EFT) by clicking the button below:
Reply Back to Learn More About Giving Options
Calvary Homes is a 501(c) (3) not-for-profit organization serving older adults without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, physical handicap, disability, or religious creed. Official registration and financial information for Calvary Homes may be obtained from the PA Dept. of State by calling toll-free within PA, 1(800)732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement. Gifts made to Calvary Homes are deductible to the fullest extent permitted by law.