Caring and Preparing for Today and Tomorrow
The founders of Calvary Homes understood the importance of “community” when it comes to serving senior adults. Their vision lead to the establishment of the first purpose-built, continuing care community in the Lancaster area, known then as Calvary Fellowship Homes. Since 1963, campus growth led to developing a community of faith and fellowship enriching the lives of 360 older adults desiring to serve God through their retirement years.
Our Vision Forward:
Though we have, and continue to receive, local and national recognition for our quality services, we are not resting on our laurels but are moving forward enhancing the privacy and appeal of our accommodations and amenities for today’s and tomorrow’s seniors. This vision advanced into the Caring and Preparing for Today and Tomorrow capital campaign.
This campaign intends to raise $2,000,000 in gifts and pledges toward an overall renovation and expansion budget of $12,400,000. Started in January 2018, the capital campaign has reached 88% of this goal with gifts and pledges from 317 donors totaling over $1,758,000.
These gifts have already made possible the complete renovation and expansion of the Bausman health care facility into two separate neighborhoods, including country kitchens, whirlpool spas and a new therapy suite. The new Hurter Community and Administrative Center opened in Fall 2019 with several new amenities, two administrative office suites and four spacious independent living apartments. The new Crichton Chapel was completed and dedicated in November 2019. Renovations yet to be funded include:
Key Local Business Support for the Capital Campaign
- Resident room bath and spa renovations in all three personal care neighborhoods
- New common areas and staff support areas in Nissley Personal Care
- Two additional private rooms in Garden View Personal Care, common area renovations for the newly renamed, Baumgartner Personal Care, and two new whirlpool spas
- Sprinkler systems for Nissley Center and Cathedral Hall
- Renovations of Cathedral Hall for several larger independent living apartments
- Creation of a private dining room and outdoor dining deck for Grandview Café
- Renovation of Fellowship Hall
CLICK HERE to view a five minute video on what people say about Calvary Homes.
To learn more about the Caring and Preparing for Today and Tomorrow campaign and ways you can support this project, complete the reply form below or contact the Development Office at 717-824-8816.