Calvary Homes is seeking help to improve privacy, dignity, and choice for senior adults. To this end, we have undertaken major renovations which will provide enhanced services and quality of life for today’s and tomorrow’s seniors. We are calling the campaign to raise funds needed to help complete these improvements the “Caring and Preparing for Today and Tomorrow” campaign. Since starting the campaign in January 2018, we have reached the halfway point with total gifts and pledges of $1,318,239 which is 66% of our goal.
We praise God and deeply thank the donors who have made this progress possible. We ask you to join these friends of Calvary Homes and help us reach our full goal. Gifts can be spread out through the end of 2022 making it easier to give generously. Complete the reply form below or scroll down to the Donate button to make a gift on-line.
To learn more about the campaign and various ways you can support this project, complete the reply form below or contact the Development Office at 717-824-8816.
Use the “Donate” button below to make a gift to the Caring and Preparing for Today and Tomorrow Campaign using Pay Pal or your credit card. Please indicate in the “Write a Note” box the intended purpose for your gift and any tribute information.
Ways to Make a Difference
There are several ways you can improve the life of seniors for generations to come:
- Making a single gift or a series of gifts over the next three to five years
- Make a gift to honor Dr. Eric Crichton through a naming gift for Crichton Chapel
- Taking advantage of your employer’s matching gifts program in support of the campaign
- Gifting your annual RMD (required minimum distribution), or a portion thereof, from a traditional IRA
- Making a direct gift of appreciated stock, mutual funds, life insurance, gifts-in-kind, or real estate
- Using an IRA Charitable Rollover for your gift, taking advantage of potential tax saving (for gifts of $1,000 to $100,000)
- Opening a Charitable Gift Annuity which provides a portion of your gift directly toward the capital campaign while providing on-going income (at attractive fixed rates) to you and, if selected, to a loved one for the remainder of your life
- Creation of a charitable trust
On Monday, November 5, 2018, Cliff Hurter, President and CEO, announced a decision by the Board of Directors to promote a naming opportunity for Crichton Chapel in honor of resident, Dr. Eric Crichton. The Board of Directors desires to recognize Dr. Crichton’s example of faithfulness and service to God through Calvary Church, Lancaster, through the mission of Calvary Homes, and through various other organizations and congregations he has helped through his 98 years. The Board of Directors encourages those interested in honoring Dr. Crichton to participate in giving a gift or pledge to the Caring and Preparing for Today and Tomorrow campaign. Gifts and pledges should be marked “Chapel” to apply them toward this naming opportunity in honor of Dr. Crichton. Calvary Homes hopes to reach the goal of $150,000 in funding for the chapel by the dedication service expected in late 2019.
Dr. Crichton’s ministry included service as senior pastor of Calvary Church for 23 years. Upon retirement, Eric and his late wife Dorothy moved to Calvary Homes and he continued his service as board chair, committee leadership, pulpit supply, and serving in various interim pastoral roles in the northeast. Eric continues his service to this day, 34 years later! Providing gifts in Dr. Crichton’s honor is an excellent way to honor his faithful service. It also follows Scripture’s direction found in I Thessalonians 5:12-13,
“And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labor among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you; and to esteem them very highly in love for their work’s sake. And be at peace among yourselves.”
Gifts to Calvary Fellowship Homes (CFH) are voluntary and tax deductible within IRS guidelines. The official registration and financial information for CFH may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free in PA, 1 (800) 732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.